Supporter Section

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Supporter Section

A messageboard to discuss & debate the beautiful game and much, much more.

3 posters

Favre set to RETURN!! (to Mississippi)

M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Favre set to RETURN!! (to Mississippi) Empty Favre set to RETURN!! (to Mississippi)

Post by M1ZZ0U Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:19 pm

Favre opts to remain retired

MINNEAPOLIS -- Vikings coach Brad Childress says Brett Favre won't come out of retirement to play for Minnesota.

ESPN's Rachel Nichols confirmed the news with several Vikings players, including kicker Ryan Longwell who received a text message from Favre on Tuesday afternoon.

Longwell told Nichols the text read, "I had to decide against it, appreciate your support but I had to make a tough decision."

Well, at least Favre watch 2009, is over and any future speculation can be laid to rest, for good.

Hopefully this fiasco and indecision the last couple summers doesnt tarnish his legacy because he was an unbelievable player at times and a memorable icon for the Packers.
    dena
    dena
    Gaffer
    Gaffer

Favre set to RETURN!! (to Mississippi) Empty Re: Favre set to RETURN!! (to Mississippi)

Post by dena Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:06 pm

M1ZZ0U wrote:Favre opts to remain retired

Well, at least Favre watch 2009, is over and any future speculation can be laid to rest, for good.

Hopefully this fiasco and indecision the last couple summers doesnt tarnish his legacy because he was an unbelievable player at times and a memorable icon for the Packers.

I think in some places it did, especially on the coasts, he made himself seem very needy and very indecisive. When he came to the Jets I was ecstatic but after week 8 or so he just fell off, 22 interceptions is crazy and quite frankly... unacceptable, he should just retire and cement himself as one of the best ever.
    Tio Nicci
    Tio Nicci
    Reserve
    Reserve

Favre set to RETURN!! (to Mississippi) Empty Re: Favre set to RETURN!! (to Mississippi)

Post by Tio Nicci Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:16 pm

dena wrote:
    M1ZZ0U wrote:Favre opts to remain retired

I think in some places it did, especially on the coasts, he made himself seem very needy and very indecisive. When he came to the Jets I was ecstatic but after week 8 or so he just fell off, 22 interceptions is crazy and quite frankly... unacceptable, he should just retire and cement himself as one of the best ever.

Jets! Crying or Very sad
    dena
    dena
    Gaffer
    Gaffer

Post by dena Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:19 pm

We are in 'rebuilding mode' No

Hate that phrase
    Tio Nicci
    Tio Nicci
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by Tio Nicci Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:31 pm

dena wrote:We are in 'rebuilding mode' No

Hate that phrase

I'm a Giants Fan Neutral
    M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Post by M1ZZ0U Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Born and raised in Kansas City.

Being a Chiefs fan is in my blood.
    dena
    dena
    Gaffer
    Gaffer

Post by dena Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Tio Nicci wrote:

Hate that phrase

I'm a Giants Fan Neutral

Yeah? Fuck the Giants! king
    Tio Nicci
    Tio Nicci
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by Tio Nicci Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:53 pm

dena wrote:
    Tio Nicci wrote:

Hate that phrase

I'm a Giants Fan Neutral

Yeah? Fuck the Giants! king

lol Its okay the success is still ringing haha

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am