Supporter Section

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Supporter Section

A messageboard to discuss & debate the beautiful game and much, much more.

3 posters

Odom Watch

BMxJoga
    BMxJoga
    Reserve
    Reserve

Odom Watch Empty Odom Watch

Post by BMxJoga Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Talks between Miami and Odom have escalated as D-Wade has attended a meeting including Odom, Riley and Himself. Hopefully soon we can secure a deal with him, as this would bolster our chances to compete in the East, not to mention if we acquire Boozer too.
    M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Odom Watch Empty Re: Odom Watch

Post by M1ZZ0U Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:07 pm

BMxJoga wrote:Talks between Miami and Odom have escalated as D-Wade has attended a meeting including Odom, Riley and Himself. Hopefully soon we can secure a deal with him, as this would bolster our chances to compete in the East, not to mention if we acquire Boozer too.

Apparently the Lakers original offer of 3 year 27 million has been reduced and is no longer on the table.

It looks like Odom will take the 5 year deal to go to Miami. My question is, if they pick up Odom for that price, will they be over the luxury tax thresh-hold if they aquire Boozer?
    Tio Nicci
    Tio Nicci
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by Tio Nicci Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Yao Ming out for the season, sucks, I hope McGrady gets traded, also rockets acquired Trevor Ariza
    M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Post by M1ZZ0U Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:22 pm

Tio Nicci wrote:Yao Ming out for the season, sucks, I hope McGrady gets traded, also rockets acquired Trevor Ariza

Yao could potentially be done for good. The amount of foot injuries he's had and given his age and size, leads me to believe he may only have one or two more years in him tops, if he's able to come back.

Speaking of injuries, McGrady has got to be one of the most injury prone athletes I can ever recall. Sadly, too, because he was also one of the more talented NBA players in his time.

Ariza could be good but I still see him as being a solid NBA player, not ever becoming a star.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by BMxJoga Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:18 pm

M1ZZ0U wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:Talks between Miami and Odom have escalated as D-Wade has attended a meeting including Odom, Riley and Himself. Hopefully soon we can secure a deal with him, as this would bolster our chances to compete in the East, not to mention if we acquire Boozer too.

Apparently the Lakers original offer of 3 year 27 million has been reduced and is no longer on the table.

It looks like Odom will take the 5 year deal to go to Miami. My question is, if they pick up Odom for that price, will they be over the luxury tax thresh-hold if they aquire Boozer?

From what I understand we will offer him the Mid-Level exception, so we should not go over the luxury tax(I may be wrong). And we are trying to acquire Boozer via trade, hopefully it will be done.
    On a side note try not to wet your pants with the idea of Wade going to Chicago, I don't think he would put so much effort trying to get Odom to come if he is planning on leaving in one year's time. Very Happy
    Tio Nicci
    Tio Nicci
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by Tio Nicci Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:44 pm

BMxJoga wrote:
    M1ZZ0U wrote:

From what I understand we will offer him the Mid-Level exception, so we should not go over the luxury tax(I may be wrong). And we are trying to acquire Boozer via trade, hopefully it will be done.
    On a side note try not to wet your pants with the idea of Wade going to Chicago, I don't think he would put so much effort trying to get Odom to come if he is planning on leaving in one year's time. Very Happy

Rockets are after Boozer aswell.
    M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Post by M1ZZ0U Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Problem is, I don't think Boozer want's to go to Houston.

I believe he's stated he only wants to go to Miami, though, money talks and with Yao in question, Tracy on his way out and Houston letting Ron-Ron go to LA, perhaps they can throw some nice cash towards Boozer to change his mind.

This is the guy that made an agreement in principle with Cleveland and then backed out at the last moment when Utah offered more money.
    Tio Nicci
    Tio Nicci
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by Tio Nicci Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:04 pm

M1ZZ0U wrote:Problem is, I don't think Boozer want's to go to Houston.

I believe he's stated he only wants to go to Miami, though, money talks and with Yao in question, Tracy on his way out and Houston letting Ron-Ron go to LA, perhaps they can throw some nice cash towards Boozer to change his mind.

This is the guy that made an agreement in principle with Cleveland and then backed out at the last moment when Utah offered more money.

Rockets are in need of Height though, Carl Landry isn't exactly tall, Chucks Hayes is 6'5, and thats it. Mutombo won't return he's done, and Yao is out for sure.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by BMxJoga Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Tio Nicci wrote:
    M1ZZ0U wrote:Problem is, I don't think Boozer want's to go to Houston.

Rockets are in need of Height though, Carl Landry isn't exactly tall, Chucks Hayes is 6'5, and thats it. Mutombo won't return he's done, and Yao is out for sure.

Every run has too end some time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:46 am