Supporter Section

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Supporter Section

A messageboard to discuss & debate the beautiful game and much, much more.

3 posters

Michael Vick, reinstated (conditionally)

M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Michael Vick, reinstated (conditionally) Empty Michael Vick, reinstated (conditionally)

Post by M1ZZ0U Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:19 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4359449

So, apparently Michael Vick has a conditional reinstatement passed down from Commissioner Roger Goodell. This means he can be able to play as early as the first or second game or as late as the fifth or sixth game.

He will, however, be able to participate in all off-season activities and the final two preseason games.

Big question is, will a team sign him before then and who will be the team(s) to come forward for his services....
    dena
    dena
    Gaffer
    Gaffer

Michael Vick, reinstated (conditionally) Empty Re: Michael Vick, reinstated (conditionally)

Post by dena Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:13 am

Good to see Goodell reinstate Vick. What he did was pretty horrible, if you have seen the dogs and the results of the fighting you understand, but he has paid his dues, he has lost out on millions and his freedom was taken away for almost 2 years, he deserves another shot.

I think he will be signed, he is to dynamic of a player not to be, I hear he has hired a personal trainer to get fit and it someone takes a chance on him I think he could really help a team, he is definitely not a starter put with the emergence of the 'wildcat' last year a Quaterback with the ability to rush for 1,000 is a huge advantage.
    SubaruAdrian
    SubaruAdrian
    Reserve
    Reserve

Michael Vick, reinstated (conditionally) Empty Re: Michael Vick, reinstated (conditionally)

Post by SubaruAdrian Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:49 pm

See.. I have to totally disagree here. Our athletes need to be held accountable. It was his "Can't touch me" attitude that got him where he was. I think he should remain untouched by the NFL. Dude's a thug plain and simple.
    dena
    dena
    Gaffer
    Gaffer

Post by dena Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:02 pm

I remember that, especially the "Everywhere I go they love Mike Vick, they love me man" quote. I think the fact that he's lost so much, and has so much to prove will provide him with a more humble attitude, Tony Dungy is acting as his mentor so hopefully that helps as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:49 am