Supporter Section

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Supporter Section

A messageboard to discuss & debate the beautiful game and much, much more.

+3
Tio Nicci
JulianBere
iFootballer
7 posters

Offical Mexican National Team Thread

iFootballer
    iFootballer
    New Signing
    New Signing

Offical Mexican National Team Thread Empty Offical Mexican National Team Thread

Post by iFootballer Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Offical Mexican National Team Thread Mexico

Just to get this thing going.
    iFootballer
    iFootballer
    New Signing
    New Signing

Offical Mexican National Team Thread Empty Re: Offical Mexican National Team Thread

Post by iFootballer Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Mexico Roster Out On Wednesday

On Wednesday, the Mexican Football Federation will release the list of players manager Javier Aguirre has called up for Mexico's upcoming World Cup qualifying match against the United States.

On the heels of a remarkable 5-0 victory over the United States in the Gold Cup final, Aguirre's list will reflect how much of an impact several players had on the national team. Heading into the tournament, Mexican media criticized Aguirre's roster selection. Now, that batch of young players has come together and won Mexico's first confederation title since 2003.

However, Aguirre has remained mum on the question of roster choice following the Gold Cup. Aguirre has refused to answer directly questions about the roster, and federation officials have not tipped their hand either.

Halfway through the Hexagonal round, Mexico sit in fourth place with six points and out of a direct World Cup berth. Costa Rica (12 points), the United States (10) and Honduras (7) sit ahead of Mexico. But Mexico would cut their deficit against the United States to one point with a win over the Americans in Estadio Azteca.

Wondering which players from the gold cup will be chosen...
    JulianBere
    New Signing
    New Signing

Offical Mexican National Team Thread Empty Re: Offical Mexican National Team Thread

Post by JulianBere Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Boooo, haha.
    Tio Nicci
    Tio Nicci
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by Tio Nicci Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:53 pm

iFootballer wrote:
    Mexico Roster Out On Wednesday

On Wednesday, the Mexican Football Federation will release the list of players manager Javier Aguirre has called up for Mexico's upcoming World Cup qualifying match against the United States.

On the heels of a remarkable 5-0 victory over the United States in the Gold Cup final, Aguirre's list will reflect how much of an impact several players had on the national team. Heading into the tournament, Mexican media criticized Aguirre's roster selection. Now, that batch of young players has come together and won Mexico's first confederation title since 2003.

However, Aguirre has remained mum on the question of roster choice following the Gold Cup. Aguirre has refused to answer directly questions about the roster, and federation officials have not tipped their hand either.

Halfway through the Hexagonal round, Mexico sit in fourth place with six points and out of a direct World Cup berth. Costa Rica (12 points), the United States (10) and Honduras (7) sit ahead of Mexico. But Mexico would cut their deficit against the United States to one point with a win over the Americans in Estadio Azteca.

Wondering which players from the gold cup will be chosen...

Logically, the players from the Gold Cup should play for the first squad. Maybe add a few players from the normal set up. But that should be your base team.
    M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Post by M1ZZ0U Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Gio in the play-making role is a scary opposition.

Who are the 1st team regulars up top for Mexico?
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by BMxJoga Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:08 pm

I assume not much will change with a few additions to the God Cup squad.
    iFootballer
    iFootballer
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by iFootballer Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:55 pm

M1ZZ0U wrote:Gio in the play-making role is a scary opposition.

Who are the 1st team regulars up top for Mexico?

as of lately it's been a mixture of Blanco, Franco, Nery Castillo,and Bravo. but i'm sure it will be a wee bit different aug. 12th
    SubaruAdrian
    SubaruAdrian
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by SubaruAdrian Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:42 pm

If they play the team from the Gold Cup against our Top Squad, the result might be 5-0 again but in our favor.
    iFootballer
    iFootballer
    New Signing
    New Signing

Offical Mexican National Team Thread Empty Official List

Post by iFootballer Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:43 pm

well there are about 3-4 from the gold cup list,but yea here it is:

GK
    Ochoa
    Corona

Defense:
    Efrain Juarez
    Rafa Marquez
    Carlos Salcido
    Aaron Galindo
    Oscar Rojas
    J. Castro
    Ricardo Osorio
    Johnny Magallon

Midfield:
    Torrado
    I.Castro
    Guardado
    C.Blanco

Forwards:
    Guille Franco
    Dos Santos
    N.Castillo
    Sabah
    C.Vela
    A.Medina
    M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Post by M1ZZ0U Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Has Ochoa taken the #1, under Javier, now?
    LilPancho86
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by LilPancho86 Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:43 pm

overall, a good callup by Aguirre... there are a few players that were left out that I would have liked in there, like Fausto Pinto, Pavel Pardo, Hector Moreno, and Ramon Morales... to a lesser extent, perhaps consider Adolfo Bautista and Antonio DeNigris...

but still, not too bad of a callup... it's just surprising Nery Castillo is in, since he's fallen into obscurity at club level... we'll, see... I still hope 'el diablo' pulls through...

as a prediction, I think Mexico can pull off a close win... assuming the team plays with the same brilliance in the Gold Cup final, it should be a step closer to South Africa 2010...
    M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Post by M1ZZ0U Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 am

LilPancho86 wrote:overall, a good callup by Aguirre... there are a few players that were left out that I would have liked in there, like Fausto Pinto, Pavel Pardo, Hector Moreno, and Ramon Morales... to a lesser extent, perhaps consider Adolfo Bautista and Antonio DeNigris...

but still, not too bad of a callup... it's just surprising Nery Castillo is in, since he's fallen into obscurity at club level... we'll, see... I still hope 'el diablo' pulls through...

as a prediction, I think Mexico can pull off a close win... assuming the team plays with the same brilliance in the Gold Cup final, it should be a step closer to South Africa 2010...

Apparently Javier doesn't get along with Pardo, is that correct?

I thought I remember reading that somewhere.
    LilPancho86
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by LilPancho86 Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:35 am

^

it would seem like it... Aguirre left Pardo out during the World Cup 2002, which did not make sense... every other coach has named Pardo as a starting defensive midfielder since, where he often took up the captain's armband whenever Marquez was out... the undisputed sub-capitan...

Pardo has had a successful Euro experience with VfB Stuttgart, winning the title, and playing as captain several times... even though he is in his early 30's, Pardo has immense experience and qualities... in my opinion, he is absolutely vital for the Mexico NT...

but under Aguirre, it seems Pardo is effectively out of the Mexico NT... he specializes in freekicks and commands the team with authority... also, he saved Mexico's butt against Honduras at the Azteca for this WCQ campaign, scoring both goals to come back from behind and win (2-1)...

Aguirre, like many coaches in the past, has a set of players that he has preference for... namely, Marquez, Torrado, and Blanco... these 3 will most likely figure into his callups regardless of any drop in performance... not a good trait in a coach, I say... but at least he's calling up more youngsters...
    iFootballer
    iFootballer
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by iFootballer Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:25 am

yeah, i agree. calling up the youngsters will give them the experience needed for the future. i'm predicting a close 2-0 win for us. it's there time to suffer that 2-0 like we did lol.
    LilPancho86
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by LilPancho86 Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:20 am

Mexico defeats the USA again, this time by a slim win of (2-1)... however, the hexagonal standings look like this:

Team MP W D L GF GA Pts
    Costa Rica 6 4 0 2 9 9 12
    Honduras 6 3 1 2 10 6 10
    USA 6 3 1 2 11 8 10
    Mexico 6 3 0 3 8 9 9
    El Salvador 6 1 2 3 6 8 5
    Trinidad and Tobago 6 1 2 3 7 11 5

interesting that Mexico has finally been able to defeat the US team back to back, but in this case, against both the B and A teams... the future is looking bright with Giovan, Vela, and Guardado leading the attack...

the only problem I have is with Castillo... he's WAY too hot-headed to play in the green anytime soon...
    iFootballer
    iFootballer
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by iFootballer Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:42 pm

we should be able to beat honduras,el salvador, and T&T, those are pretty much 9 guaranteed points.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:14 am