Supporter Section

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Supporter Section

A messageboard to discuss & debate the beautiful game and much, much more.

+7
JulianBere
Chico Ché
BMxJoga
SubaruAdrian
dena
M1ZZ0U
Deacs
11 posters

Official USA National Team thread

Deacs
    Deacs
    New Signing
    New Signing

Official USA National Team thread Empty Official USA National Team thread

Post by Deacs Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:10 am

Official USA National Team thread Usaoleolepartnership_192743

Well, figured I may as well get it started.
    M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Official USA National Team thread Empty Re: Official USA National Team thread

Post by M1ZZ0U Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:12 am

That's right!

Welcome aboard, man.
    Deacs
    Deacs
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by Deacs Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:32 am

who is lab rat
    M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Post by M1ZZ0U Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:36 am

It was my test account on here to tinker with features as a non-Admin.

edit: Off to bed for now, Stevie Ireland and I have been working on this off and on, all day. Need to get some rest.

Take a look around and let me know if there is anything else you'd suggestion. Suggestion Box at the bottom portion of this board under " Trainer's Room "
    dena
    dena
    Gaffer
    Gaffer

Post by dena Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 am

USA-Mexico in English for all

If you were beginning to worry about being able to see the USA-Mexico World Cup qualifier on August 12th in English, it appears your fears are about to subside.

NBC Universal, parent company of Telemundo, is offering all cable and satellite providers free access to Mun2, the channel set to show the USA-match at Estadio Azteca in Mexico City. The free access will be for the day of the match.

If your cable/satellite provider still won't be offering Mun2, you can still get the English-language feed to the game on Telemundo using the SAP function.

A collective *sigh* echo's across the nation Smile, good job NBC!
    SubaruAdrian
    SubaruAdrian
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by SubaruAdrian Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:15 am

I may switch back and forth after each goal jsut to hear the reaction on both sides. The commentating is rarely objective in the matches!
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by BMxJoga Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:09 am

I was going to watch in Spanish anyways though.Smile
    Chico Ché
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by Chico Ché Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:58 pm

I find Spanish commentary more interesting anyhow. tongue
    M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Post by M1ZZ0U Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:05 pm

Chico Ché wrote:I find Spanish commentary more interesting anyhow. tongue

If only I knew more Spanish.

I enjoy the passion much more but I can only pick out a few words here and there. Ah well, I remember several foreign exchange students saying they learned English from television.

Perhaps if I watched enough Spanish Commentary I'll pick it up, over time.
    JulianBere
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by JulianBere Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Meh, Spanish is nothing special to know, trust me, I live in a spanish speaking country.

I much rather learn italian, tongue
    Tio Nicci
    Tio Nicci
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by Tio Nicci Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:39 pm

JulianBere wrote:Meh, Spanish is nothing special to know, trust me, I live in a spanish speaking country.

I much rather learn italian, tongue

I would love to learn Italian too, I'm in the process of learning actually
    JulianBere
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by JulianBere Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:42 pm

My mom and her boyfriend are learning latin, and I want to learn italian! So she said she might get us a teacher Very Happy
    dena
    dena
    Gaffer
    Gaffer

Post by dena Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:06 am

Obama receives World Cup invitation

When FIFA's president personally meets with the President of the United States, you know soccer is growing in this country.

That's what happened on Monday as FIFA President Sepp Blatter ended his four-day tour of the United States by paying a visit to the White House. Blatter personally signed a certificate inviting President Barack Obama and his family to the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Obama couldn't guarantee that he would attend, but said he would check to see when it would be possible for him to go to South Africa.

The two presidents also spoke about the United States' bid for the 2018 or 2022 World Cup.

Everything seemed to go well from the FIFA article I read, except the fact that Blatter keeps insisting on us adopting a European schedule, someone take this man to Chicago in December.
    M1ZZ0U
    M1ZZ0U
    Club Owner
    Club Owner

Post by M1ZZ0U Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:10 am

dena wrote:
    Obama receives World Cup invitation

When FIFA's president personally meets with the President of the United States, you know soccer is growing in this country.

That's what happened on Monday as FIFA President Sepp Blatter ended his four-day tour of the United States by paying a visit to the White House. Blatter personally signed a certificate inviting President Barack Obama and his family to the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Obama couldn't guarantee that he would attend, but said he would check to see when it would be possible for him to go to South Africa.

The two presidents also spoke about the United States' bid for the 2018 or 2022 World Cup.

Everything seemed to go well from the FIFA article I read, except the fact that Blatter keeps insisting on us adopting a European schedule, someone take this man to Chicago in December.

Blatter is the A-typical old man, set in his ways and believes he's right simply based off his own experiences.

As you've mentioned, I highly doubt he's ever visted here in the midst of December of Janurary and further more, ever watched a game outside for 90 minutes in said conditions, which still leaves the game to be played on frozen grass and snow.

Ah well, he like the American public, are making baby-steps towards improvement in the understanding of the game as a whole, with our country and within it, as well.
    SubaruAdrian
    SubaruAdrian
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by SubaruAdrian Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:05 am

I don't know guys.. have you ever been to Germany in December? Keep in mind that New York is on the same latitude as Italy.
    Deacs
    Deacs
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by Deacs Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:35 am

not to mention Norway, Sweden, or Switzerland. Even in Turin, Italy it snows every winter at a game.
    sWo97
    sWo97
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by sWo97 Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Scuba Steve
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by Scuba Steve Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:45 pm

This did not work for me. Seems as if I need a password to see the pictures.
    Stevie
    Stevie
    Chief Executive

Post by Stevie Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:10 pm

Welcome to the forum scuba. Hope you post round here regularly.
    Scuba Steve
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by Scuba Steve Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:18 pm

I will try to do so!
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga
    Reserve
    Reserve

Post by BMxJoga Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:17 pm

USA to face Mexico tomorrow!
    Scuba Steve
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Ooooooooooooooh USA! USA! USA! USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    dena
    dena
    Gaffer
    Gaffer

Post by dena Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:00 pm

We lost, and now I have to wear a Mexico sig on EAUK, so I'm camping out here for now. Let's get this forum up again.. for my sake..
    Scuba Steve
    New Signing
    New Signing

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:28 am

Ah, not so good today.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:57 am